St. Wilfrid’s loves kids! Jesus welcomed the children when he said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” (Mark 10: 14). The goal of the children’s ministry at St. Wilfrid’s is to help the children grow in their love and knowledge of God. St. Wilfrid’s is a place where children learn and live the faith as God’s children.
Children are an integral part of our faith community. Below is a summary of some of the ways in which our children are involved:
• Godly Play—Begins on September 19, 2021 at 8:20 in Room 9. Click here for a flyer.
• Acolytes—All are invited to participate in the 9:00 and 10:30 services as crucifer, torch-bearer, and to assist clergy during the liturgy.
• Vacation Bible School—Check back for more information regarding Vocation Bible School in 2021 .
• Perfectly Painless Christmas Pageant—On Christmas Eve, children re-enact the Christmas story: no lines, no practices, no stress.
• St. Wilfrid’s also has Sunday morning Nursery Care for children three years and younger. Our care-givers are certified and we use a vibrating pager system. The nursery is in Room One.